Our group started by creating the proto-persona of a 25-year-old party lover who was tired of COVID-19 restrictions (but still wanted to be safe and avoid getting sick) looking for a fun way to socialize and rock out.
We planned and conducted 6 interviews with users similar to our proto-persona with the objective to determine what motivates individuals to attend a no-contact music festival during the COVID pandemic. Users were asked about:
- Safety concerns regarding COVID-19
- Their current entertainment methods and if/how they changed due to the pandemic
- What would motivate them to attend a no-contact music festival?
- What their ideal no-contact music event would look like?
“I'd be most comfortable at a drive-thru / drive-in event with a great location, where I'm able to see and hear everything perfectly by staying in my car. I'd like other cars spaced out away from me with no people getting in and out.” - Juliana C.
We created an affinity diagram by tagging and categorizing interview question responses to learn more about our potential users. Their top responses are outlined below:
- Very concerned about COVID death rate
- Life had changed forever
- Can't attend concerts, movies, in-person shopping/events
- US is most severe situation in the world
- Restricting mandates and limited contact with family/friends
- Drive in / drive-thru / outdoor event
- Stay in car and weak mask
- Limited number of socially distanced tailgate parking areas
- Require attendees to show proof of recent negative COVID test
- Safety measures are strictly enforced